Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rosalynn Sumners Making A Go Of Her Shops Despite Economy



SITTING DOWN with Rosalynn Sumners in her cozy shop on downtown Kirkland's Lake Street, you quickly get a sense for the energy and commitment that propelled her to a silver medal in the 1984 Winter Olympics figure skating competition.
A vision with her long, slightly wavy blond locks and wearing a gray sweater, blue jeans and boots, she looks thinner than when she was competing, but still comes across as forceful – and absolutely driven.
“I was never in it for the bright lights,” says Sumners, who grew up in Edmonds. “Sometimes I miss the entertaining. I lived that life from 7 to 40 – I have no regrets, not at all. I never loved it for the spotlight. I just loved what I did.

Continue Reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment